May 28 2015
PGM 26 | Deconstructing Coconut Oil with Matt Geddie of Skinny & Co.
I use coconut oil for everything, in my cooking, on my body, as a supplement, and the other day as I was looking at the jar in my cupboard, reading words like "cold pressed", "organic" and "raw", I had an inkling there might be more to the story, and it turns out I was right. Serendipitously, I discovered Skinny & Co. Coconut oil right around that time and I'm so pleased to have co-founder and president of the company Matt Geddie on today. In the episode we talk about the misconception surrounding healthy fats, and why coconut oil is so great, but be forewarned, not all coconut oil is created equal, and there's a lot about the processing of coconut oil that actually affects many of its health benefits. Find out what those are, and what makes Skinny revolutionary, inside today's interview. Get shownotes over at puregreenmag.com/podcast/matt, and share you feedback over on our Facebook page at facebook.com/puregreenmag. Thanks for listening!
We sincerely hope you enjoy this episode of the PGM Podcast! Please help us spread the word by sharing the show if you enjoyed it! There's tweetable links below, and any Instagram, Facebook or other sharing is very, very appreciated! Please leave us a review over on iTunes if you enjoyed the show, it helps us grow and gain new listeners. Thanks for listening and see you next week! Listen/Subscribe in iTunes | Stitcher
Click to Tweet: Deconstructing coconut oil on the #PGMpodcast with @skinnycoco http://www.puregreenmag.com/podcast/skinny
PHOTOGRAPHY via Diets in Review & Skinny & Co. | PODCAST produced by Ben Goldstein
What We Cover & Notes
Learn what distinguishes healthy fat from bad fat
- Find out the role of saturated fats and cholesterol in the body, and why they are critical for our body's optimum performance and health
- A few of the primary benefits of coconut oil
- The importance of alkalinity in the body and why Skinny is the only alkaline coconut oil on the market
- Cooking with coconut oil and examining the difference between raw and heated coconut oil
- What is oil pulling, how do you do it, and what are the benefits?
- How to gauge the quality of coconut oil
- Examining the sustainability of coconut oil and what makes Skinny different
- Exposing the truth behind "cold-pressed" and talking about Skinny's unique extraction methods
- The genesis of Skinny & Co. and the company's vision